25 July 2006

NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me"

What a bunch of commies, huh? Is it National Public Radio or Nothing Pro-Republican? HUH?!

Thanks to this weekly news quiz comedy show, I have a release for my weekly accumulation of impotent rage over the never-ending travesties masterminded by the political leaders of my country and, oh heck, let's say the entire world, as well.

I admire host Peter Segal's light touch and deft moderating. I love the good-humored special guests. And I get a little thrill from the reveal of each week's line-up of panelists. Will my absolute favorite, comedian Paula Poundstone, bring her commonsensical, rapid-fire wit to this week's show? And will Roy Blount Jr. be there to lay down some folksy wisdom and cheap poop jokes? What about "television personality" Mo Rocca; will he be there with his competitive fire (he's always the one who really wants to win) and his eruditely lisped bon mots? And every once in a while I get a real treat: understudy panelist Amy Dickinson of "Ask Amy", smart and funny and energetically intellectually curious, just like this show.

Praise be to KCRW for making the show available as a free podcast so I never have to miss a show again!

No comments: