08 July 2006

T.G.I. Fridays Ushers in the End of Days


Thanks, Great Indigestion Fridays!
That Glorious Intestinal-Disease Fridays!
This Gross Institutional-Food Fridays!

If you haven't seen the commercials touting the new appetizers at T.G.I. Fridays, please watch them right now. If you don't, you'll think I'm parodying their wacky fun time flair food when, in fact, they themselves are parodying it.

When I saw the commercial featuring, I kid you not, Fried Mac & Cheese (balls of deep fried mac and cheese), Crispy Green Bean Fries (sticks of deep fried green beans), and Sizzling Triple Meat Fundido (it's fun, indeed-o), I honestly thought it was a joke sketch show commercial. I will always remember the day I saw fried mac and cheese advertised on television as an acceptable foodstuff.

It's over. This country is dead. We are frying our green beans. We have made macaroni and cheese into finger food. We have no hope.

Make peace with your Maker, people. Once Fridays introduces Crunchy Batter-Fried PB&J Squares, the End will be nigh.

No comments: