29 June 2006

Luke & Laura

I remember the media frenzy over these two "General Hospital" characters, these two crazy kids in love, and their oh-so-romantic wedding in 1981. The image of their wedding photo is one of those vague childhood memory pictures that floats around the koi pond of my mind, along with the hourglass at the beginning of "Days of Our Lives", every episode of "The Monkees", and a giant painting of colored circles (balloons?) that hung over our sofa.

Imagine my surprise when I recently read that Luke and Laura first consummated their relationship when Luke raped her on the floor of a disco.

That's so romantic! Ladies, don't you hate when you fall in love with your rapist? Pick out china patterns or press charges: who can decide? Why not do both!

I hear that that attractive violent sexual offender/emotionally disturbed victim duo is currently on the outs -- I hope they get back together! If a girl and her rapist can't make it work, who can?

No comments: